Monday, August 18, 2008

How we've been spending our summer time

Reading. Slider and Bridget spent many hours reading this summer. They both just love to read. Sometimes they will sit for hours reading and every once in a while I could hear them laughing. They love all kinds of books - especially ones about canines. Recently they wanted to read Old Yeller, which I warned them that it would make them sad. But they insisted. I have never seen dog tears before and I caught Slider wiping his eyes. Of course, he said he had something in his eye... (uh huh)









More Reading (and some playing too!) I've been reading alot more books this summer (thanks to Temecula Public Library). Slider likes to sit next to me waiting for me to take a break and play with him.




Basket Rides. Sometimes after I did the laundry I would give Bridget a ride in the basket. She just loved it. I felt sorry for Slider because he didn't fit into the basket, but he patiently watched Bridget have fun and sometimes he would lie next to the basket and pretend that he was in it.





The Ball Pit. Although this pit lacked alot of plastic balls (and, um, a pit), they had so much fun playing. I would never let them play in the public ball pits because it's just one big germ-fest, but I saw this idea about having your own pit and I just had to do it. They loved it!








Art Museum. Recently Slider went to a museum. I thought that he was bored, but he said that he was just getting a different perspective on the art piece. What do you think?!



Oh my, did he love this couch. He found this couch that was just his size. He sat on it for about 10 minutes, left for about a minute and came back to it.




They had arts & crafts in just about every room and as you can see, Slider just loved the hat he got to make!







Bridget enjoyed the more crafty stuff. I had to leave this area immediately. You guys know how arts & crafts make me feel. I broke out in a cold sweat!
Summer may be coming to an end, but the fun still continues. I will post again soon - stay tuned.












8 comments:

Kelly said...

Hahahaha!! Pretty funny Stacey! What a busy summer. I can't believe we have done all the exact same things! Wow, what a coincidence. I think my favorite part was the hat on sliders head. Slider's pretty good at art. Tell him that I have shed a tear for old yeller too. He shouldn't try to hide it. Also, I know how he felt about not being able to get in the basket. I really wanted a ride too. Why doesn't anyone push me around? Anyway, I haven't seen Slider in forever! He is getting so gray! Ahhh, cute doggie! And what a cute post idea too!

Tracy said...

BWAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH I am glad that you are keeping the kids busy. You should talk to Kelly about more arts and crafts ideas because Lissa does art everyday. Joann's will have more ideas too. Okay I just NOW got the whole joke HAHAHAHAH You just COPIED Kelly's whole summer blog HHAHAHAH I am such a retard. That was already funny to begin with, but now that I "get" the post, it's even funnier! Oh Stace, you never cease to amaze.

Leslie said...

Are Slider's glasses +1.25's or +1.50's? He could probably use a little "just for dogs" on his beard. It sucks getting old.

Caitlin Teal said...

That was the FUNNIEST thing I have EVER seen in my WHOLE life. I was seriously crying tears. You have to be the funniest person I know.

Brooke said...

ha! try to make your OWN blog thise time stacey!.... maybe gt your own kids and then oyu can actualy do human things and activitrys with HUMANS!

Jon said...

i am so so so so jellish!!!!!!!. u think u can have a blogspot. wat da heck so r.

Tracy said...

TIME FOR A NEW BLOG STACEY LOUISE.

Caitlin Teal said...

I am waiting for another tale from my Aunt Stacey.