Thursday, May 7, 2009

Blog about my Dog (Warning - Not for the faint hearted )

First I want to remind you all how extremely handsome and distinguished my little boy is - I love his look - the black hair, the gray highlights - what a hottie. Aren't those eyebrows great?

Okay, now prepare yourself.


Here is what he looks like today!
Okay, okay, really!! It looks worse than it is - really, I promise! I wish I could say, "You should see the other dog!" but I can't - that would be a lie. (Click on the picture to get the enlarged, full grossness.)

This whole mess all started with a small cyst on his right eyelid. Not just any cyst mind you. The kind of cyst that make your toes curl. Brooke and Jon can testify to that. Just ask them about eating a hamburger with him staring at you.

I made an appointment for my little buddy to have the cyst removed and had this great idea - hey, if he has to be put under anesthesia for cyst removal - why not just have, ahem, Shell (Slider's vet) cut out a few warts too.

Little did I know I would be dropping off Cyclops with a creepy eyelid and picking up Frankendog! Poor little guy.

Here are a few other pics. Enjoy your eggs.






There were two warts on his back too. Note Bridget's ear in the bottom corner. She was very tender and good to Slider and kind of followed him around to make sure he was okay. Actually she probably just couldn't look away - like one does when something is so gross that you want to stare even though your toes are curling!


He h.a.t.e.s. the cone. I warned him about going outside in the rain - he could drown! Thank goodness for good weather.

Slider will be back to his old self in no time at all. The swelling has already gone down on his eye and I've been putting some ointment on his eyelid, plus he's on an antibiotic. We have to go see, ahem, Shell, in a couple of weeks so that he can remove the stitches. Slider is such a trooper - he's like "whatever".

I L.O.V.E. T.H.I.S. D.O.G.

Everyone join me in singing - "My dog is an awesome dog" - on three. 1, 2, 3...

6 comments:

Tracy said...

HAHAH My dog is an awesome DOOOGGG (choir stands) Awwww poooorrr Slice-O! I want to give him a big hug! Does he even know how scary he looks? He looks so sad about it. You better watch out in the middle of the night because he might come walking in your room on two legs with his arms stretched out at 90 degree angles in front of him. Scary. Sad. So many emotions. Poor Slider.

Leslie said...

Um well the quilt is cute. I kinda burped in my throat when I saw the other pics. But I'm sure he'll be back to his old self in ahh maybe a few months? Until then I think he should just stay inside. Oh but he is cute.

Leslie said...

And one more thing. How come the word verification I just had to type was Lardsy? How do they know these things?

Caitlin Teal said...

Awwwwww. I wasn't even grossed out, I just wanted to cry. Poor Slide-stu. I'm sorry! I love him forever and for always. Even if he looks like Frankendog. He's beautiful.

Unknown said...

Stacey, Slider will be back to full health in no time. You should have waited until Halloween and no one would have known, they would have congratulated you on the sweet makeup. I am down with the gray highlights he looks very distinguished and wise. Cant wait to see him again.

Kelly said...

wow, I haven't checked your blog in like forever because it's been like forever since you blogged (well, me too).

Slider looks so sad! Is he better now? He kinda looked like one of those dogs that the pet police would have taken away from their owner cuz of pet abuse. Hahaha just kidding. Poor little guy!